The new year is upon us, and its is time to start thinking about the goals and changes you want to make which will make your life better. Although these goals vary from person to person one thing is for certain, if you are looking to have healthier hair this new year it starts with the scalp.
A clean and well-maintained scalp promotes the revitalization of hair follicles and dull strands of hair — which can transform your appearance by itself. Hair regeneration occurs in cycles: growth, shedding and resting. Providing the best environment for your scalp to maintain this cycle at optimum level should be your priority. Here are some tips to acquire and maintain a healthy scalp:
- Do not expose your scalp to the sun for too long — this will cause your hair and your scalp to dry out.
- Use natural hair products whenever possible.
- Wash your hair frequently — and don’t forget to work your shampoo into your scalp with your fingertips and leave it in for 2 minutes.
- Maintain a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Clarify your scalp regularly after shampooing with white vinegar and warm water.
It is also a good idea to have your scalp analyzed by a qualified center. Having this done will help you treat your hair and scalp in order to achieve the best results. Do your research and make sure the hair center has the right instruments and training. A hair and scalp analysis will give you invaluable information on your scalp and hair, as well as treatment options to optimize your hair and scalp.
Sources: transitionshairlosscenters keeping-clean-scalp